Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's Time to Dust Off That Foundation Brush!

As the weather gets cooler and the tan starts to fade, it seems to be about that time again where we need to refresh our makeup for the fall and winter seasons.  That starts with a great foundation.  I go back and forth between my preference to a powder foundation versus a liquid foundation, but I do know this...I found one of each that are a must have for every gal!  Here are my favorites...

Powder Foundation
Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder (available here) is like a miracle in a little container.  This loose powder, when applied with a large powder brush (I love MAC's), is the absolute perfect lightweight base.  This powder is super easy to apply and goes on smoothly with a quick stroke of the brush.  I apply it all over my face, and it is the best for mattifying and evening your complexion (for us dry/oily combination skin girls).  If this is you're first time trying foundation, this is a great first step.  This is also perfect for the gals that have an aversion to feeling like you're "cake-ing" on makeup since it's so light and blendable.  I'm telling you - give it a try, you won't be disappointed.


Liquid Foundation
There is only one liquid foundation that I will use, and it's Clinique's Superfit Make-up (available here).  It's a super-breathable formula that keeps skin looking fresh, even, and not shiny in the least!  Just make sure you apply this, or any, liquid foundation with a clean foundation brush - using your fingers/hands is just begging for a breakout.  I love Clinique's foundation brush (for just $30 available here), which also happens to qualify you for a free gift at Macy's (I love Bonus Time - yay!).


xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment